Saturday, January 06, 2007

Am so Feeling the love right now!


Just got home and had mad folks writing in asking for stickers. To those I've left behind and the newbies, stickers are going out on Monday. That's my word. Sorry for the delay and all that. But one of the newbies who we just heard from went viral on the term afrogeeks, which is all good because copyright is for no account marks that can't stand up for themselves. I'm about to make Afrogeek indelible on the net in a second but I thought I'd post what I consider to be a pretty bomb ass description of afrogeeking from one of the infected. To wit:


Afrogeek Mom and Dad

SOME WHERE OUT THERE ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE US--AFROGEEKS: BLACK PEOPLE WHO LOVE BUFFY AND STARS WARS, WHO HAVE THEIR OWN FOLDER AT THE COMIC BOOK SHOP, WHO THOUGHT LIVING COLOUR (THE BAND, NOT THE SHOW) WAS THE BOMB, WHO ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHERE THE BLACK ELVES WERE IN D&D. AND NOW WE HAVE KIDS.


I didn't write it (cause I ain't got no kids...that I claim...in this state...Joking!) but I wish I did.

In other news, go on over to http://www.rappcats.com/ and scroll down, a free as in No pay Talib Kweli meets Madlib album. I'm like, How come I ain't heard about this? I can't be the only person not in the know. Mad love to all the Afrogeeks out there, if feels good to have some family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home