Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things I'm digging on



1. Being Black. We are just so damn beautiful, unruly, passionate, and strong. I look in the mirror everyday and thank the universe for melanin.

2. M.I.A.'s new album Kala. Flawed, messy, but still more interesting than 90% of what passes for music. Paper Planes is the standout cut.

3. Hereoes Season 1 on DVD. The show is dope--but is it just me, or didn't they allow Nikki and Dl to kiss? Mohinder and that lightweight Betty Boop looking white girl kissed, but no salt and pepper loving.

4. Celebrity meltdowns. Maybe every overrated star will pull a successful Owen Wilson and get back to the business of making art. I don't give two shits about "celebrity's" personal lives. Entertain me, cotdammit!

5. The impending marriage of Black Canary and Green Arrow. Call me sentimental.

6. Live action role-playing games (LARPS). I met this brother who was kind of square by day, but turned into this fierce Kemetic vampire at night. More on him in a later post.

7. Love. I'm in love and the shit is so dope.

8. International Travel. The idea of nation-states is about as outdated as What's Happening. We live in a global city--let's hack that mutha!

9. Writing. I've found my spark again. It's not so much about inspiration as it is about just doing the damn thing. Don't talk about it, be about it.

10. Chocolate. It is just so damn good. I've been contacted to do some reviews of local chocolates. I'm getting free chocolate and I'm getting paid to write about it. The world is such a beautiful place.

All love, all the time.

Shawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home