Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Boomer is a bitch!


Ok so I'm sitting here transcribing some of the interviews that are about to go up here as well as watching some seriously twisted shit courtesy of Ichi the killer, when it occurs to me how necessary it is to point out that Boomer from the original Battlestar galactica is a BITCH! For real.

So I was at Wondercon, complete with recorder, camera, and press badge, ready to give the love to all types of nergitude. And who do I see but Boomer. Now let's be clear, when I was a kid and I got my first wallet it had some bullshit identification card in it. The id card asked for a nickname. After a particularly embarrassing incident earlier in my life regarding, superman, aliases, and my black power mother, I decided to give myself a nickname based off a black person. That nickname was Boomer. So this is the type of excitement I'm feeling walking up to this man.

Me: Hello sir. I write for an online magazine called Afrogeeks and I was wondering if I might be able to do an interview with you later.

Boomer: (sounding like a bitch) Well we will have to see about it when the time comes. If I'm not busy...

I look to the left, I look to the right, nobody. I look to the left, nobody. I mean no one was giving a shit about dude. I thanked him for his time and left him with his book and his severe lack of love. Word to the wise for old black TV stars, Don’t piss off your afrogeek fans.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, he didn't even bother to look at you when he said it. He looked up when we approached, looked down, and never wasted his clearly precious time looking up again.

For the rest of the weekend I saw him outside smoking more than I saw him at his damn table.

3:53 PM  
Blogger girl6 said...

Dude, next time, just stand there like you making yourself comfortable, then just like, look around, sigh real loud, check your watch, yawn, bite off a cuticle shred and spit it out, check your watch, scratch your butt, roll your ankle and say something like, "Shin splints suck.", check your watch, wave to someone across the room ("Sup nicca!"),fart, check your watch then say, "How about now?".

Then after he says like two words, say, "Oops! Gotta boogie".

Fuck you, Boomer.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sweet Potato Brown said...

That's hilarious. Being an asshole is it's own punishment. He has a book? Fame is so relative.
And you didn't set him on fire with your eyes, or shoot him with pellets that emanate from your fingers on command, or plot his revenge using his only weakness negronite? Congratulate your mom on a well-raised black superhero.

8:02 AM  
Blogger SwanShadow said...

That's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Ernie Hudson, on the other hand, was cooler than cool.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home