Thursday, June 12, 2008

More white girls



If you read this blog on any kind of regular basis then you will love, not like, love, I’m through with White girls. Calm the fuck down! It’s not a miscegenation gone right tale. It is the quest for the tragic mulattress, but I still run around my house doing from Imitation of Life scenes so I’m Ok with the tragic mulatto narrative so long as its somehow self conscious, and it totally is in White Girls.



I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again here, while the movie is awesome, the story of the movie, a black independent film that doesn’t bow to conventions is what’s fucking hotter than slave’s neck. If you are in the bay area, at all, like even down in Concord or some ass end of the world like that, you owe it to yourself to take a trek up to the Roxie on Friday, or shit, any time over the weekend or next week, and peep this flick. You’ve got a 50/50 chance of meeting me if that’s any enticement. And just so that everything’s above board, I’ve gotten no money, power, fame, or sex off of talking about this movie. I just happen to like the shit out of it. I know you really want to go see Kung fu Panda this weekend, but try and support an independent black flick, ok? Your local afrogeek will thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait to see this movie! I actually met Anthony and he's a nice guy.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home